Sunday, January 1, 2017

Yay for 2017



Happy New Year everyone! Happy 2017! Wow, we've made it! I hope you had a fantastic night last night reminiscing on all the moments of the past year.

Daniel and I certainly had a blast laughing over all the highs of 2016, and dreaming about what 2017 will become.

In typical New Years Day fashion, I have my 2017 vision board to present to you! Check it out!


You like? For those of you new to this, a vision board is a collection of thoughts, ideas, images, and words for what you desire your new year to be. Think of it as a Pinterest board filled with goals and dreams for the new year.

I like to stay away from the word "resolution", since resolution evokes more of a "yes" or "no" and this isn't supposed to be that committal. A vision board is more of a looser idea. You can check out some of my previous years' board here: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013

For 2017, I really hope to...

  • Become a world traveler. We've booked our flights for London for March, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I can't wait to experience the culture and enjoy some British tea!
  • Continue learning about gardening. I'd like to grow some flowering bushes (roses, hydrangeas) and try my hand at collards again in the spring. 
  • Loose another 10 pounds and walk more. Yes, that's right I've already lost 10 pounds over the past 6 months (and yes, I know that's slow, but at least we're going in the right direction!). The ChooseMyPlate program has been super helpful for navigating my nutrition, and is the best thing that works for me. I also want to work up to doing an outside walk (or two) each day. 
  • Display ancestor photos and travel postcards. This is sort of a new hobby I'm after. I bought an awesome photo scanner over the summer and have been enjoying scanning old family photos when I visit our parents. I'd like to display more of their photos throughout my house. Along with that, I have a huge collection of vintage looking travel postcards. I'm hoping to also display them well. They bring back such good memories of travelling as a kid.
  • Move to a new home. Yep, we're moving! Every year around this time we ask ourselves, is this the right time to move? Well we finally know, this summer it's a new house for us!  I'm so excited for that new adventure! 
  • Encourage others through more blogging. Yay! If you were wanting more posts from me, you're gonna get it! I really want to write and post more, especially shorter, encouraging messages. Stay tuned!

So there you have it! I am super excited about 2017 and some of the adventures that await! Hope your day has been relaxing, enjoyable, and full of inspiration for the new year!

 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment