Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Garage Makeover


Over Labor Day weekend, my husband and I spent a day transforming our garage. It needed it pretty badly!

Every time I opened the door out to the garage, I felt like it was a total mess. Thoughts of that show Hoarders came to mind. 
Before
There were layers upon layers of things piled everywhere, and a common question between the two of us became "do we already have one of these?", before we purchased supplies for a new project. We bought in excess because we couldn't find things at home. 

Before


Everything pulled out onto the driveway
Needless to say, something has to change. I searched Pinterest for some inspiration, because let's be honest, where else would you start? And I really liked the idea of a wall of shelves. For us, I could see that it could work easily because we only have one vehicle to store in the garage. We said goodbye to two cars years ago. 

We used Anna White's plan for these garage storage shelves, but modified the dimensions for our space. Hers are like 20 feet long-- yowza! Only in Alaska would you have a garage that large!

Coat #1 of paint
We also painted the garage a light grey and the door a light blue. It makes everything look so fresh. You'd never guess ours was a home built in the early '90's. 

After

It's been a few weeks since our garage makeover, but it still looks absolutely gorgeous! I feel like I know where everything is now, and there's no question if we have something already for a project.

I hope this inspires you with your garage space! 

 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png 

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how shelves can make a big difference with cleaning and organizing. I am sure the shelves make it easy to find specific tools and check your inventory. A fresh coat of paint also makes a big difference during a makeover, and I love the shade of blue you chose for the door. I wish my garage was big enough for a 20-foot wall shelves.

    ReplyDelete