Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Door County, Wisconsin

Just last week my husband and I were up in Door County, Wisconsin. It was around 20 degrees cooler than here in Central Florida, and I loved it! It's like our November weather, or March weather. I savored every bit of it.



We went up to visit family on my dad's side. Grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins.  Several of them we hadn't seen since our wedding, 5 years ago.

Here are some of the highlights from our trip. Hope you enjoy!

Cherry picking. A must in the summer time. I totally ate a few cherries, plucked right off the tree.




Al Johnsons's Swedish Restaurant. A classic Door County experience, goats on the roof and all. I had the Swedish pancakes with strawberries. Yum!



Cave Point County Park. This was a must on our list before we even got there. They have beautiful cliffs and bluffs, and is not like anything you could experience in Florida.




Beautiful flowers and landscaping. I know that's not an actual attraction, but one of my favorite things to do on this trip was just take in all the blooming flowers. It just astounded me all of the vibrant colors, and shapes, and sizes of the blooms.






Not sure when we'll get the chance to go back, but we both had a blast. It was good to see family, catch up, and make new memories. With school starting this week, it was kind of our official end to summer.

Happy August!

 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment