Thursday, January 14, 2016

Master Bathroom Countertop: Before & After



Over the holiday break my husband and I finally got to put the last touches on our master bathroom. It feels so beautiful and complete now! I can't even believe it's ours!

You probably remember our bathroom overhaul that happened last February...



While it was great to get all the flooring and shower tile done, we knew we weren't 100% complete with that space. The countertop and sink basin had to go! They were definitely 1990's original.

Over the course of last year, it took me a while to decide on what I wanted for a countertop material. Concrete counters are super hot right now, but they are SUPER labor intensive. Plus, who really wants concrete in a bathroom..?

Another idea was to go with a granite, like we did in the kitchen. But oftentimes the stone companies will only take on a job if it's a certain amount of square footage, etc. For them to come out and just do one countertop in a bathroom probably wouldn't be worth it for them.

So, I took to Pinterest to get some inspiration.

I searched through all my previous pins for bathrooms I loved, and found that I kept pinning dresser-turned-vanity ideas.

Things like this...



and this...



And then it hit me... why not do a wood top with white vessel sink?! I could stain the wood to give the appearance that it was original to the cabinets. It would assimilate the dresser-turned-vanity idea. It would look like one complete piece. Done!

So, I convinced my husband and we went for it! I ordered my vessel sink, faucet, and drain cover from Amazon. Most home improvement stores don't have a ton of variety for vessel sinks in-stock (maybe one or two), so I decided to order online.



Before we installed the wood stained countertop, my husband put down 3 ft high beadboard and molding. The beadboard gives it some Southern charm, and ties in with more beadboard that we have in the guest bathroom.





What do you think? Doesn't it have so much more charm than before?


 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment