Sunday, August 9, 2015

Vintage Inspired Style



A few weeks ago, I shared on Instagram that I went to a sidewalk sale at a local vintage resale store. I found some pretty cute things, and have been loving wearing them to work or to church, or just out in general. I feel like I have style!



My friend who tipped me off to the sidewalk sale, also gave me some style tips for rocking vintage pieces. Sometimes those funky pieces can feel like you're wearing a costume. One of her biggest tips was to shorten the hem lines of the dresses. Boy, was she right!

I compared the vintage dresses with some current sundresses I had, and the hem line was way different! Thankfully, I was able to hem them all, no problem. Because I'm short, longer hems can really weigh me down, and make me look even shorter.


My girlfriend also tipped me off that large, chunky, platform wedges would really look cute with these vintage dresses. I have to say, I definitely agree! The wedges give me height and make me look polished overall.

I've gone back one other time to the vintage resale clothing store, and have found some fun pieces! A purple velvet fringe vest- umm yes! A peasant top, and this kimono-style dress (below).


Goes perfect with my fringe boots, yes? Still thinking through how I can pull off the purple velvet fringe vest, but I'll be sure to keep you posted!

It's been super fun looking around for unique clothing and style items for my wardrobe. I can't wait for stores to start carrying vintage-style pieces for fall!


 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment