Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Front Entryway


In January's issue of Southern Living, they had the greatest article on how to style small (and sometimes forgotten) spaces. Things like in the china cabinet, beside the kitchen stove, on the vanity, next to the tv, etc.

While I did use the article to help me with some of those, the one that made the biggest impact was styling the front entryway. The stylist claimed that most of us don't have a formal or defined entry space, but we can "fake" it with a few key pieces.

Not only does it feel more legitimate (I honestly just had one of those wall decal things before. yeeks!), but it feels very personal and intentional.

What do you think?



For my house, I found a handmade folk-art-type umbrella stand at an antique market. 

I used a basket I already had, to help store sandals. 

And I picked out 4 (really rusty) vintage hooks at that same antique market last month, to attach to a piece of wood my husband stained.  


Some of my other favorite front entryway ideas include...
  • Using a small console table to help hold keys or mail, or even a pretty vase with fresh flowers. 
  • Using old milk crates to help corral shoes. 
  • Filling a funky umbrella stand with vintage-style umbrellas. 
  • Decorating the walls with an inviting word, or your initials, using antique letters. 

Happy styling!

 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment