Thursday, January 1, 2015

My New Year - 2015



Wow. A brand new year starts today. What excitement, what hope. What spectacular things lie ahead for 2015.

As I put together my vision board for this new year, I became more and more excited for what 2015 could become. This past year has been a year of incredible internal growth and reflection. A year of pruning and changing. In my mind, that can only mean 2015 is going to be a huge year for us! I get this feeling in my spirit that we are just about to arrive at something great. That 2014 was a year of preparation, and now it's time to put that growth into action.

"As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.”
Mark 4:29

For 2015, I hope to...

  • Take wonderful vacations with my husband including another cruise, camping in Stone Mountain, Georgia, and I'd love to visit Washington D.C. again (this time on July 4th!). I never take these moments for granted, because there were so many years where there were no vacations. Definitely a treat!
  • Start bible journalling. In a nut-shell, it's illustrating what God's word means to you in the expanded margins of a note taker's bible. There are a few different ways people do bible journalling, just search Pinterest for a few.
  • Fix up our house! I know, I know, we've done so much already. Even still, God has recently opened up a door for us to finish the home, and make it enjoyable for us to live in and a blessing for the next family whenever that time is right. 
  • Cook more and buy more kitchen gadgets. 'Nuff said! 
  • Stay healthy through continual exercise. Can't wait to do some Zumba! No major goals here, just desiring to stay healthy through old-fashioned eating right and weekly exercise. 
  • Start a family of our own. This one might be surprising to read for some, but God placed on our heart the desire to pray about starting a family early last year. It's amazing what God will do when you ask Him to teach you to love children the way He does. In His timing (where that's 2015 or some other year), we would love to welcome children into our family. 
  • Strengthen core friendships, while also reaching out to new friends


And that's it! What are your desires for 2015?? I hope this inspires you to go for your best!


 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment