Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Books I've Read This Year - A Quick Re-cap

I've definitely read my fair share of Christian living books this year! Over the past 12 months I've gone through a dozen books and shared my thoughts right here on the blog.

To help make things easier, here's a quick re-cap of these same books. This can help you decide which ones you're going to read in 2015- hint hint. :) It can also help as a side-by-side comparison if you're trying to make decisions for a group book study in the new year.

And don't worry, I'm still going to share one more book with you in early December, (hint- it's an Advent book!).

Happy Reading!

Bad Girls of the Bible, by Liz Curtis Higgs

- I love this book for a group study!
- Each chapter is a different "bad girl", so it's easy to break up in chunks for a small group setting.
- Liz has an easy writing style, and will definitely keep you entertained!
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.




Crazy Busy, by Kevin DeYoung

- Great book for a group study, or individual quiet time.
- Perfect read for the end of a year!
- Gives you a reality check on your hectic pace of life.
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.




Every Day a Friday, by Joel Osteen

- If your're struggling with balance and purpose in your work life, this book is a great read.
- Joel helps take the focus and pressure off of trying to be "perfect" or "amazing" at work.
- Great to listen as an audio book on your ride to work!
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.


The First Five Years, by Bill & Pam Farrel

- Perfect read for any young married couple! Great Christmas gift for those newlyweds!
- Helps couples understand and navigate through those first few (incredibly important) years of marriage.
- Would absolutely recommend for both husband and wife to read.
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.


Good Call, by Jase Robertson

- A great inspiration for your faith!
- If you're looking for a fun, lighthearted read, I'd pick up this book.
- Not necessarily the best book for a group setting, since it's written in a narrative style.
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.



Jonah (Audio Recordings and Workbook), by Priscilla Shirer

- If you're looking for something to work on each day and each week, this workbook study is perfect!
- Priscilla goes through the story of Jonah, connecting how God "interrupted" Jonah's life, and how He too wants to "interrupt" our lives with His greater plan.
- Great study for a women's small group, or to do on your own!
- Buy online at Lifeway here, and read my extended book review here.


Made to Crave, by Lysa TerKeurst

- Please buy this book for January! Honestly, if you're looking to make REAL changes to your weight and nutrition in the new year, please pick this one up.
- Lysa makes the connection between our faith and our nutrition. So powerful!
- Oh, and did I mention that they have an Action Plan workbook? They also do Online Bible studies for accountability in January! Wohoo!
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.


Not a Fan, by Kyle Idleman

- Ready to get on-fire for your faith again?
- Not a Fan takes a phenomenal approach to getting off the sidelines of your faith-life and encourages you to step out onto the playing field, and make a difference.
- I think I'd recommend this as a great book for husband and wife to read together.
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.



One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp

- Another great read for the beginning/ending of a year!
- Step into a world of gratitude and thankful living with Ann Voskamp.
- Ann's writing style can be a bit of a challenge, but this book is so worth it!
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.



The Resolution for Women, by Priscilla Shirer

- I can't say enough good things about The Resolution. Priscilla is such a gifted author!
- I've given this book several times as a gift, and will keep singing it's praises!
- A great book for husbands and wives (there's also a book called The Resolution for Men), it will help re-inspire your faith and encourage you to be your best for God!
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.

A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23, by W. Phillip Keller

- Such a classic book that you can go back to over and over again!
- A shorter book, at only 176 pages long, it's great for group study or a personal sabbatical day.
- This book helps you understand how much God loves you and cares for you as his little sheep. A great comfort book for times of sadness, loneliness, or distress.
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.


UnPHILtered, by Phil Robertson

- Let me first say, that I would definitely NOT recommend this for a group study. It's a book on hot-button issues with very specific viewpoints.
- That being said, it's a great introduction book if you're looking to (slowly) get into political ideas, opinions, and viewpoints on America today.
- If you're a fan of Duck Dynasty, this is one of the better books put out by the clan.
- Buy online at Amazon here, and read my extended book review here.





 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment