Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Quilts for Kids - Final Post


I did it! 
Wohoo! I finally finished my kid's quilt! How does it look??

This weekend I finished this baby, by doing my last rows of quilting (aka sewing the layers of fabric and fluff together). 

I had to roll each side as I fed the fabric through the machine, since there was so much material.


Then, I measured out 1 inch from the edge for the backing fabric, and cut. This was essential for using my backing as the finished edge of my quilt. 


I folded the raw edge in half and pinned to the top of the quilt, creating a more finished-looking edge. 


My assistant here was sleeping on the job! ;)



After sewing all around to secure the finished edge, voila! We have a beautiful completed quilt!


I hope this special child who gets to wrap up in my quilt, feels extra loved! 



 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment