Thursday, July 3, 2014

First Friday Book Review - Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted

Title and Author: Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted By: Priscilla Shirer

Release Date: 2010


Page Length: 144 pages, 7 video sessions


How I got the Book: Lifeway Stores, Lifeway.com/women


Find OnlineGoodreads Amazon | LifeWay

DescriptionWhat do we do when God interrupts our lives? Many times, like Jonah, we run! In this 7-session Bible study, Priscilla redefines interruption and shows that interruption is actually God's invitation to do something beyond our wildest dreams. When Jonah was willing to allow God to interrupt his life, the result was revival in an entire city.

Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted - Member Book by Priscilla Shirer provides a personal study experience five days a week, leader helps, and viewer guides for the group video sessions of this in-depth women's Bible study.

My Thoughts:
I absolutely loved reading The Resolution for Women, also written by Priscilla, earlier this year. You can check out some of my thoughts on that book with this blog post. Knowing how talented Priscilla is, I was eager to start this study. This is a bible study you can do on your own or with a group. You listen to audio messages once a week, then have "homework" 5 days a week to supplement, in the study guide book.

Over the summer, our church takes a break from at-home small group bible studies, so this study on my own was perfect to have! I was immediately drawn to the subtitle of this study, "Navigating a Life Interrupted". Wow! That is so me! So often in my (young) married life, I've felt interrupted. Things didn't go as planned or expected.

What Priscilla challenges us to do is think of those interruptions as divine interventions. Essentially, God interrupting our lives isn't to kill the fun or joy, but it is Him allowing us to get on board with Him and His plans.

Overall: 
With poignant questions and many different scripture verses to review, the study guide book really packs a punch. It's helped me better understand the lessons within the book of Jonah, and how to apply them to my life right now.

Priscilla's messages are absolutely life-changing and piercing! I loved listening to them on my morning commute. I have learned so much about myself, my life, and where God is taking me with this study. I highly, highly recommend this bible study!

Enjoy!


 photo AEE9CDC010348191FC652CBA68E0D666_zps1c1578b9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment