Thursday, March 13, 2014

Our Essential Oils Craze


All the ladies at work are getting into essential oils. Out of a team of about 30, there are 7 of us who are diffusing away!

Exciting!

I never knew much about aromatherapy, but one of the girls shared with me about it, and then I started talking to another girl about it, and so on, and so on...

Basically, essential oils are derived from sections of plants, and are used to help with physical, mental, and emotional needs. Different oils are used for different things. Each is a very highly concentrated liquid that comes from the plant. Aromatherapy is the practice of using those essential oils for healing purposes.

Young Living seems to be the big guy out there for essential oils and aromatherapy. But, I have also found two other brands that sell the oils- now essential oils and Piping Rock. Between all us ladies at work, we have all 3 brands and love them!

There are a few ways to use essential oils. You can apply to the skin, ingest, or diffuse in the air. If you are doing anything other than diffusing, please make sure you read up! There are some do's and don'ts of applying to the skin and ingesting.

In any case, I've been diffusing and I love it! I found a cute little diffuser online and have been using it at night and on the weekends at home. My favorite scent is the lavender, but I just recently bought orange, lemon, and cedar wood. I wanted some citrus scents (especially the orange) to cheer me up. They are believed to help people feel energized, positive, and happy. Lately, I've felt lethargic and not so cheery.

Some other favorites of the ladies at work include peppermint (helps with headaches), wintergreen (helps with nasal passages and congestion), and bergamot (helps with stress anxiety). I can't wait to get paid and buy some more!











No comments:

Post a Comment