Sunday, February 9, 2014

What I've Been Up To Lately...

Other than book reviews, I've been bad about blogging lately! Eeks! Sorry guys!

We are getting close the the middle of February and here's what I've been up to these past 6 weeks...















Yep, buying power tools for my husband for Christmas has paid off! He's been so sweet to make little projects for me. 

He made me some wood signs, that I used a Sharpie paint pen to decorate. So fun! 

Then, he made me a cookbook shelf. I saw something similar to this on Pinterest, and asked him to give it a whirl. 

We also finally got some decorative shelves up in our guest bathroom. It was such an awkward space.. I mean, who puts art above a toilet? Shelves it is!






Each year I'm still on Christmas celebration/decoration hang over by now, but this year I really wanted to embrace all that January and February has to offer. 

Case in point, Valentine's Day. 
I typically do NOTHING for this holiday except buy some chocolates and a card, but this year I felt like celebrating all things love! 

I made some hand-made decorations, but also bought a few things.
One of my favorite hand-made items includes my Valentine's card garland. (Which you can kind of see in the photo above.) 
I'm a hoarder. A hoarder of all things card, photo, and letter related. 
I have multiple shoe boxes filled with these trinkets. 

I went on a hunt for all the Valentine's cards Daniel and I have given to each other over the years. I found ones from 2010- how sweet! One from 2011, that says "to my fiancee". [melt...]

Anyway, that project was not too difficult. I just hole-punched the cards and strung them through a medium-width ribbon. Voila! 



Some other non-craft and non-build related things we've been up to in January and early February...

  • We got to host our close friends, Dan and Susanna, one weekend. We were long overdue for some face-to-face time together! 
  • Daniel and I were sick for about 3 weeks straight! UGH! He had a bad cold and I was stuck with bronchitis. 
  • We've burned through way too many Kindle books and library books. Part because of cold weather, and part because of being sick.
  • We've also been thinking through (and praying through) our finances and are hoping to make a big lifestyle change soon (to be revealed later!). 
  • Getting up at 6am each day. Umm.. what? Yep, we've both felt called to get up early each day to read and pray. We both sense God is about to reveal something great very soon!
  • Lastly, just spending time the two of us. With Christmas and New Years over, it's been refreshing to not have as many planned social events. My favorite word right now is "thank you, but no". ;D

I hope you all are having a wonderful and fabulous winter! Stay tuned for more fun projects! 
Spring is coming.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment