Monday, November 4, 2013

My One Year Blogiversary!

Happy One Year Blogiversary! Can you believe it?! It's been one year since I've started blogging! 

my display at this past weekend's craft fair


As a fun treat, let's take a look at some of this past year's highlights.. I've also got some fun photos from posts that never made it live! Check it out!

This idea for blogging started late last fall when I was sick with strep throat. I spent all day in bed reading several of my friends blogs, and thought to myself, why don't I give this a try?! I knew I wanted a fun place for readers to learn about diy projects, crafts, and my life.

Honestly, I had no idea how fun blogging could be! I've grown so much in my abilities to write, photograph, and promote over this past year. It's given me a great outlet to share my life and look back on lots of fun memories and moments. So without further adieu, let's take a look!







After traipsing around the Fall Fiesta in the Park at Lake Eola, I decided to write my first post. Soon after, I had the fun idea of creating a how-to for those two adorable foam pin-boards. I can't believe that was my first how-to!



Christmas was just around the corner, and with that, my attempt at homemade goodies! I had so much fun creating those candy cane reindeers for my husband's 5th graders! And remember how those candied peels totally bombed?! Oy!



For Christmas, I got a sewing machine and started right away trying to make things! One of my favorites were those catnip mouse toys for kitty! I also had the goal of finishing up my cabinet staining before the new year. Check out that post for some quick tips on refinishing wood cabinets. 



In February, I ran my first solo 5K, the Lady Track Shack race. Looking forward to doing that again here in a few months! Daniel and I also worked hard on those diy high-top patio tables, which resulted in my most-read posting to-date! Easter weekend we worked hard to install that fence and gate. Boy, what a project


Summer we did a few projects, but that was probably my slowest blogging time! Here Daniel works on changing out an old porch light, and we also see the "after" photo from a garage sale find!


August and September I was super busy getting Daniel ready for back-to-school, and prepping for a couple of bridal showers, an engagement party, and baby shower! Although they were a lot of work and planning, they were so worth it! 


October I worked hard to get ready for my first-ever craft fair! I also had my hands full with running and promoting my Etsy shop, Lilac and Lovely

Here are a few sneak peaks of photos that never made it live!
creating an apron for Amy (April)

end of the school year reflections (May)

the last day of summer (Aug)

guest bathroom re-do (Sept)

Can't wait for this next year blogging! More to fun to come! 

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you, Christine! One year is a huge deal!! I've loved reading your blog and living vicariously through your crafting skillz.

    ReplyDelete