Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm Opening an Etsy Shop!



Introducing... Lilac & Lovely! An Etsy shop for 2014 fabric calendars. My hand-crafted fabric calendars are a cozy and natural inspiration for you each day!







I am so, so excited to be sharing my Etsy store launch with you! I've been keeping this fun project a secret since June! 

The idea for an Etsy store started back in February, when I crafted my own fabric calendar for 2013. Check out the story of how it all started here. It took me several months to decide on what I could sell at a craft fair or online. Then, one morning, it finally hit me! Making my own 2013 fabric calendar was so fun, and very unique, why not make them for others?!


Each calendar is 100% hand-crafted and these one-of-a-kind pieces truly are unique! I never use the same quote or design combination twice on any of my custom calendars. I start with a cotton fabric applique, and zig-zag sew it onto my linen calendar. Then, I hand-embroider an inspirational quote or saying in coordinating colors. Once the design is ready, I etch out each month and week to make up 2014. Last, but not least, I add the backing, sew the loop for the dowel, and add the lace trim. 

                                         

Follow the behind-the-scenes action on my Instagram account, @lilacandlovely. You'll get sneak-peaks at calendars I'm working on that are not yet posted for sale. You'll also be able to see how each calendar is made, with pictures of calendars in all stages of production. 


Check out my Etsy shop and let me know if there is something special I can create for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment