Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Third 5K




I completed my third 5K event of the year a few Saturdays ago, on April 20th. 
This one was close to our home and only had about 150-200 runners, so it was more of a hometown, local event. Unfortunately, I didn't train as well for this race, and didn't set any PR's (that's "personal record" in runner-speak). 

In fact, this was probably my hardest race emotionally to push through. 
I did really well at the Lady Track Shack previous race I did, so I had high expectations. But nonetheless, it was hot and muggy out. I can definitely understand why running season ends in April!

I also didn't train as hard for this race, or take it very seriously in the days leading up. 



But, as my friend Kelly always says.. 
"there's no bad run"



I've learned a lot from this race and look forward to getting back out there this fall! There's never a bad run, and even though I didn't do as hot in this race, I know that there will be plenty more opportunities to rock it out! 

Oh, yeah, did I mention we got free beer at the finish? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment