Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day with God 2013



One of the many awesome perks of working for a ministry is the perk of being able to take a paid day off to spend with God. 

How often do we really take an annual quiet day, and spend time listening to what He has to tell us? 

Often when we are in the midst of chaos, and when we need the quiet day the most, we never pause to set aside that time. 

I know I didn't in 2012. 



But 2013 is a different year for me. I've got dreams and a belief that things are going to be better! 



During my time with God, I spent time meditating on a sermon message I heard the day before. It was a message talking about God's promises to Abraham in Genesis 22:15-18.

God promised Abraham that he would bless him beyond his wildest dreams. 

How often do we think God can or will bless us beyond our wildest dreams? 




That we will see as many blessings in our life as their are stars in the sky.

Or grains of sand on the beach...



I know it was hard to see those blessings in my life in 2012. They were there...
...but I chose to focus on the challenges of 2012 and my human emotion of disappointment. 




But as surely as I can see the grains of sand along the ocean, I know that God loves me and wants to bless me abundantly. 

What a fortunate thing that I live so very close to the ocean. 
I can go and visit those grains of sand anytime I need a reminder of what God has done and will do in His Kingdom. 





GENESIS 22:15-18
"The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time and said, "I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed because you have obeyed me."

No comments:

Post a Comment