Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sweet Success... or not

Sometimes you have those ideas that just don't turn out quite right...

Case in point, this weekend. 
I tried my hand at making candied grapefruit peels for the holidays. They would've been great gifts, and ones that would ship well.

Well, it just didn't work out. There were only three ingredients- grapefruit, sugar, and water. You boil the grapefruit peels in sugar water for an hour, let dry over night, then reboil, then roll in sugar. Simple, right? 

My grapefruit never quite dried out fully. I tried everything. 
They went into the fridge for a few hours. 
They sat on the counter for a few hours. 
At the suggestion of some of the ladies at work, I put them into a low-heat oven for about 40 mins. 

Nothing. 

After working on them since Saturday, Tuesday morning I had enough. 
Into the trash they went. So sad. 

But, sometimes that's how crafting/baking/cooking/creating goes.. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment