Saturday, December 8, 2012

Candy Cane Reindeer

Candy Cane Reindeer... what a blast from the past! I remember getting so many of these when I was in elementary school. I'd always hang them on our Christmas tree at home. They were just too cute to eat!

Daniel and I thought about a treat for his kids all week long and couldn't think of anything spectacular until today. Low on funds, I remembered that I already had pipe cleaners and wiggle eyes from other treats I've made for them. All we needed were candy canes and red pom-pom noses!

For $4 we were able to make 24 candy cane reindeer treats! Here's how to make...

Cut two brown pipe cleaners in half. Take two of those halves and twist around the top curve of the candy cane. Style the ends to look like antlers. 
Using a hot glue gun, place a dot of glue on the candy cane, at the tip, for the red nose. Attach red mini pom-pom. Glue wiggle eyes on also using hot glue gun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment