Sunday, December 2, 2012

Advent - First Sunday


The first candle has been lit... This Sunday marks the first in the Advent season.

As we have now begun the month of December, I think about the amazing things God has orchestrated in our lives these past eleven months this year.

We bought a house.
I celebrated four friends' babies coming into this world, one more still to come this month.
We accomplished our goal of staying at one church for one full year.
We buried one of our close family members and celebrated that she is now with Jesus.
I got the pleasure of becoming a mom, well, a cat mom.
We took some pretty special vacation getaways.

And as I reflect, I also ponder what is to come in this next year...

Mary was once at this point as well. She did not know how much the beautiful baby growing inside her would change so many lives. She did not know how much of a wonderful story God had planned for her.

But she did know to trust. Trust her God. I think about Mary in this first Sunday of Advent, and I hope to meditate on her this week.

"And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." Luke 1:28 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment