Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fabric Covered Foam Pin Board



I got a little bit of stolen time today to put together a much needed organizer for all my crafting and baking ideas! In about 30 mins I was able to create these two fabulous fabric pin boards! I was inspired by this DIY Christmas Wall Art found on Pinterest.

Cast of characters...


Fabric of your choosing (I used two pre-cut remnants from JoAnn's), two 12" x 12" x 1" Styrofoam boards, ribbon, scissors, hot glue gun, stapler, and push pins


Lay your foam board face down on the wrong side of the fabric. Fold over the fabric to fit snug around your board. Cut off any excess fabric. 


Secure with push pins in all corners. Then, using your stapler, staple together the foam board and fabric on the back side of your pin board. This is what really helps secure the fabric and board!


For fun, hot glue the edges of the fabric to the foam board. The fabric is really already secured by the staples, but if you'd like to get all edges down, run hot glue between the edge of the fabric and your board. Then, remove all push pins. 


Next, measure out your ribbon length by wrapping it around all four sides. Give yourself a little more length on the ribbon so that you can use the excess ribbon to hang. Using your hot glue gun, glue ribbon to three sides of your foam board. 

The side you left without ribbon will be your top. I started with what I wanted to be my bottom, center when I glued my ribbon down. 




Tie the ribbon ends in a pretty knot... and Viola! You're all set! Add some push pins to your board and start collecting inspiration! 


 ...then go wake up the cat.  Hi Yogurt!


No comments:

Post a Comment